Every web project has its own scope, its own weight. For this reason, your first consultation is absolutely free.
This first session is time to get to know you better, and is an opportunity for you to find out more about BroomOverKnoll as well. Before taking on a new client or partner we need to know that we’ll work famously together. Buying you a cup a coffee is good as well.
After we agree that both you and BroomOverKnoll are famous (or soon to become famous) we’ll start defining specifics:
- Goals & Objectives – Your big picture, and several smaller pictures that will lead us toward our goal.
- The Who, What, Where, and When – We’ll define your audience, your products and services, where you work and what communities you influence. We’ll also learn about your history and where you see your company going in the next 5, 10, or 50 years.
- Content – We’ll discover what content do you already have and what content will need to be created, either by you, us, or another third-party.
- Needs – All sizes of sites are have their own needs. Before moving on we’ll learn if you need a small, 3 page bio site, an e-commerce solution, a custom built design, or anything else. The details are important.
- Planning Creative – Before our pens and pencils hit paper, before we look at a computer screen we’ll plan with you and identify your brand and identity, and if you’ve already come prepared, we’ll brainstorm and discover how best your brand works with the web. From here, we’ll move into Phase II.
While we map out the details of site structure and content architecture, we’ll also be working on shapes and colors, buttons, functions, and interface. This is where the cool ideas begin, but not where they end. We’ll work closely with you here before moving into the meat of the project, Phase III.
This is where the hard nerdy work comes into play, where we down 5 pots of coffee an hour and stare at computer screens during the wee hours of the morning. It’s also one of our favorite parts of any project.
Before you’re ready to rock the world’s socks off, we’ll make sure you’re satisfied with the product. We build into your budget 3 rounds of edits to site function and design. Triple-checking our work ensures we’ll deliver you a wonderful web site.
Launch and the Future
Launching a web site, allowing the rest of the world to see you, is not the end of our relationship with you. We’ll set you up for the long term with hands-on, one-on-one training. We’re also more than happy to provide continued support through product and content updates; we’ll continue to work with you as long as you’ll have us.
Below is a free image for you. Download it, share it, use it, adapt it. It’s a gift, and it’s Creative Commons Licensed. Just remember to give attribution to Brandon Roche for taking the original photograph.
Photo by Brandon Roche
In a few weeks we’ll be opening up payments and a small product section on our web site. Return later to find out more.